Tuesday 7 May 2013

THE BEST ADVERT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE :D

Okay, so I have something to share with you- (don't get too excited). Yesterday, I was flicking through the pages of British Vogue- yes, I know, I NEVER shut up about Vogue- and an advert caught my eye. Actually, I wasn't exactly 'flicking' through the pages, because this advert was only two pages into the magazine, but nevermind. The advert is for Chanel- I know! I never shut up about Chanel either- and it is literally THE BEST ADVERT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. It makes me sound like- or reveal the fact that I am- a total weirdo, but looking at the model in the picture has a profound affect on me and my sight of the world for a small moment. Unlike most adverts, which, in my opinion, don't show much emotion- are simply attractive women wearing pretty clothes- I actually see this one as a real piece of art. I sound melodramatic, I know, but to me it is like a still-life painting, and I want to jump right into it and the model's world.I took a photo of the double-page advert; here it is: 






For some reason, I just want to be the model. Not just to look like her, but to have her life and everything in it. I want to know about her life; where she comes from; who she is. She has a white horse;   I WANT HER HORSE! She has a tattoo; what do it say?! It's not in English; what language is it in? Furthermore, where does she come from? Is she Italian? Greek? French? I want to know her family heritage: who her parents are; where she is as the picture is being taken. Why does she look so intently at the horse?! Is it a shadow of her tragic past, here to haunt her once more?1 I see a pained memory flash across her face: what is it? What does she remember?! Who is she?! She has such graceful hands: does she play the piano? I want to be her! Where has she got her style from?! I look into her eyes and I see my whole life reflected in them. I LOVE HER! I WANT TO MARRY HER!!! (In a non-romantic way).

Seriously, that is the response I get from simply looking at this advert. Well done Chanel, that it all I can say. I feel like you have changed my life- at least temporarily. I now have a weird obsession with an advert from a magazine. 

Hey, I just noticed there is a man in the bottom left hand corner! I did not see him before! Is he her soulmate?!! Her kindred spirit?! Is he wearing Chanel too?????!!!!!!!!!!

I also looked through the April issue of French Vogue earlier today, and found an image from a photoshoot that I find insanely beautiful. It's a photograph of a pair of beautiful blue eyes,  decorated in a way that, for me, reflects the entire life the model has lived, and each and every beauty of this life. Just about every colour seems to glimmer in the model's eyes; it's true what they say, eyes really are the gateway to one's soul. 

 
  


                                      :D

No comments:

Post a Comment