Sunday 5 May 2013

MISS VOGUE IS HERE!!- And I'm liking what I see. :D

Has anybody else read the new Miss Vogue yet? (free with the June issue of British Vogue) 

Because I have done, and it is pretty awesome. :) I luuuurve Vogue- I am hoping to just magically be offered a job as Fashion Editor at French Vogue as soon as I finish at university (yeeah, because that is soooo realistic). However, I have never been able to afford anything I've seen in there. To be honest, I enjoy this. Seeing gorgeous clothes way out of my budget gives me something to work for. It makes me think: 'Sophie, if you work super hard you could be able to afford some of these beautiful clothes one day'- or I could just steal them from the closets when I work for Vogue... whatever. There is actually stuff in Miss Vogue that I can afford though!! I cannot believe it (in a good way).

 Although I love the luxury of Vogue, it's nice that I can actually buy some of the clothes featured in Miss Vogue. I haven't read the whole magazine yet- I only bought it yesterday and I need to read Vogue as well- but the articles seem quite good. There is an article entitled 'Under Pressure', which I think is great because it really does tackle the issues young women and  teenagers are forced to deal with- image, exams, sex etc- and it has actually been written by teenager girls, which keeps it authentic and prevents it from being patronizing- which it could be caused if it was written by older staff members. The one thing I don't love about it is the article entitled 'Saturday Night Fever'. I suppose it is honest, but it's not exactly inspiring. Personally, I don't think it's too much of a good thing for a teenage girl to read about other teenage girls going out clubbing and getting- excuse my language- shit-faced. But whatever, the rest of it is really good, so go and buy it. Now. Well... just buy Vogue because you can't buy it on its own. 

To be honest, I still prefer Vogue, but I think it's good how they've clearly tried hard to provide information that young people both want and need, such as clothing that will suit most of our budgets. I think the staff at Vogue just need to make sure they don't try too hard to make it 'teen-friendly', because most girls who buy Miss Vogue will probably already read Vogue each month anyway (par exemple moi), so don't want to be patronized. All in all, Miss Vogue is a great little magazine, so I hope they continue to produce it over the coming months. :)
Below are some pictures from the June issue of Miss Vogue:

The cover- featuring Cara Delevigne (Who else?!)- a rather obvious, but definitely deserving cover star.
Pixie Geldof and Henry Holland discuss fashion, music and friendship.

Chloe Moretz features on 'Miss Vogue's 21 Under 21 Style Idols'.- also featuring  the wonderful Saoirse Ronan (read my last article and you will understand my love for her (kind of)).


No comments:

Post a Comment