Sunday 5 May 2013

Silvery Style- like an alien (or fish (or not)) :D

After watching 'The Host', an (amazing) sci-fi film based on the book by Stephanie Meyer, I have been intrigued by the presence of silver and metallic clothing- which seem to be all over the catwalk at the moment- despite the fact that all the major fashion weeks finished ages ago, but you know what I mean. 

In the film, Saoirse Ronan- who plays both Wanda and Melanie- wears some seriously cool clothing. Her style changes throughout the film as she must adapt to a change in living conditions, but all of it looks awesome (even later on in the film when she is supposed to look poor and not awesome). At the beginning of the film however, she wears a lot of shiny, alien-ish clothing (no surprise seeing as it's a science-fiction film). I especially love the metallic dress and shoes she wears at the beginning; however I could not find a SINGLE picture of them anywhere on the internet to show you. 

Anyway, this look seems to have really caught on, and silver appears to be one of the most recurring colours on both the catwalk and red-carpet. I sought out my favourite high-street silver clothing, so....here it is. Yes, most of it is from Topshop, but I just luurve Topshop, and I don't think any other high-street store can compare to it. So please forgive the obsessive Topshop-ness, and watch The Host. Now! (If it is still in a cinema near you). I only watched it once and now all the cinemas in my city have stopped showing it, so I am tres, tres depressed. I want to watch it at least twice more in the cinema!!

 I think I'll pass on the silver contact lenses worn in the film, but the clothes I love for their futuristic-ness. You can tell they are awesome from the fact someone who loves clothes from the 1920's, 30's, and 1800's (me(obviously)), is obsessing over these futuristic beauties!!!!! :D

Topshop- £14

Miss Selfridge- £85

Topshop- £60

Zara-£69.99

Zara- £29.99

Topshop- £55

Topshop Unique- £100

Miss Selfridge- £32
Maje- £315
As seen in Miss Vogue- that's where I stole it from- mwahaha
Topshop- £65

No comments:

Post a Comment