Saturday 4 May 2013

Graduate Fashion Week- I want to go!

Just read my last post and it looks a leetle beet over za top, but nezamind. Today I opened up the new copy of British Vogue :D to find an advertisement for Graduate Fashion Week in London. I don't stand much of a chance trying to persuade my parents to take me, but they have talked a lot recently about going to London soon, so I think I at least have more of a chance than I would have done otherwise. Seeing as I've never been to a real fashion show (I don't think a fashion show at my old primary school is the same as, say, Prada's SS13 collection), I think it would be an awesome event for me to go to, especially as it's accessible for me to attend (the tickets are really good value and it's open to the public :) ). I really wanted to go to the Vogue Festival last week (I think it was last week), but there was no way my parents would let me go to that, particularly because I had school right after it finished. It would be really cool to explore new talent- some of the designers whose work will be featuring at the Fashion Week could be really big in a few years (as in really successful and famous, not physically big :p )- and it would be great for me to get to see their work before that (potentially) happens. Graduate Fashion Week runs from June 2nd to June 5th, when I will no longer be at school (I'll be on Study Leave for my GCSEs- yay!). Amidst actually doing work- which obviously I will be doing (I think)- watching moving artwork on the catwalk will stimulate my brain and inspire my creative learning. -Ok, that will not convince my parents at all, I can tell, but I may as well use it as a reason to go-. The only question is, if by some miracle I can go, will I attend a catwalk show or an exhibition??- believe me, there's no way my parents will let me go to both, I don't know why, they just won't. The tickets seem really good value at least, even though I have no experience of the cost of fashion show tickets. Even my mum, a woman who thinks that Marks and Spencers' clothing department is expensive- HOW CAN IT BE EXPENSIVE, IT'S A BLOODY SUPERMARKET?!- should acknowledge that £10.50 for exhibitions and £17.50 for catwalk shows is a total bargain.

Some cool designs from a previous fashion week- I don't know which, I just got it from zeir webzite! I LOVE the one on the right, it's so original!!

Now I feel all excited about Graduate Fashion Week, as though I'm actually, for shizz, going. Wish me luck trying to persuade my parents to take me- I will DEFINITELY need it!


No comments:

Post a Comment