Saturday 15 June 2013

The Fashion Shows I LOVE :D

You may have seen some of the recent Pre- Spring/ Summer 2014 fashion shows, and I would like to share with you some of my favourite shows. It's taken me a while to whittle down my list to only a few shows because I ADORE the majority of the ones I've seen, but I've decided to write about my Top 10, and include pictures of my favourite designs from each show. I apologise in advance for the fact that most of my favourites are from major labels, rather than smaller ones, but I've looked at quite a lot of shows and these are my honest favourites. Enjoy! By the way, I'm counting down from 10 towards my absolute no.1 favourite collection.

     
     No.10- Chanel












Once again, Chanel has managed to create fresh new looks, whilst incorporating traditional Chanel style into every piece of clothing. The typical Chanel androgyny was there, in addition to a pretty femininity brought about by the soft jersey fabric and colours used throughout the collection. After all, both Coco and Karl were/ are experts at taking mens' clothing and adapting it into something that's both wearable for women and that looks gorgeous and sophisticated on them. I am impressed by Karl Lagerfeld's use of denim in the collection- he has managed to transform a typically casual and un-glamorous material into an exotic and luxuriant one. This collection is one that makes me desperately want to go on holiday in the sun- preferably somewhere romantic in Italy- with chic swimsuits and loose-fitting blue and white patterned trousers adding a casual, relaxed feel to the collection. There was also a sporty feel- some of the models even carrying cricket bats- reminding us of Chanel's history of unpretentious and effortless sophistication. Another thing I love about this collection is the use of pearls, as, along with the Chanel jacket- also present in the collection- they are an iconic and timeless feature of Chanel. The colours of the clothes were mainly pale and soft, with lots of white and light pink, and yet there was a strength and androgyny in the collection that made the models seem powerful and authoritative, in a Angela Ahrendts (CEO of Burberry and inspiring Boardroom woman) way. Or maybe that was the cool hair and makeup? The later designs to appear on the catwalk were fiercer; this was a polite fierceness however, brave but not vulgar. After all, to paraphrase Coco Chanel herself: 
'Luxury is the opposite of vulgarity'. 
I feel almost apologetic for writing about Chanel, as I think my constant talk of Chanel must be annoying to my readers sometimes, but there was no way I could miss out this collection from my Top 10  Pre- Spring/ Summer 2014 shows. Overall, the show incorporates classic Chanel with new looks and brave designs, perfectly displaying Chanel's inimitable look of classic modernity.

No comments:

Post a Comment