Tuesday 18 June 2013

No.7- Dior!

No.7 of my Top 10 favourite (Pre- S/S '14) collections: Dior!!!
Below are my favourite pieces from the collection:












Above: My favourite piece from the entire collection. :D






When I first viewed this collection, the first thing I said/ thought was 'It's beaaaauuuuutiful'! And it really is. My next thought was 'Oh dear, how am I supposed to choose my favourite photos  for my blog when there are 59 (!!!) photos from the collection?!'  Choosing which photos to feature on my blog really has been difficult because they're all so individually gorgeous. My main reason for being such an enormous fan of this collection is the colour of the clothing. Raf Simons has chosen a colour scheme of mainly black and white, and thrown bright colours onto all of the clothes to make them look exciting and eye-catching. The entire collection is a kaleidoscope of colour and shape. The silhouette of this collection ranges from hourglass and womanly to long, lean and graceful. Somehow, despite these differences, each piece fits together in perfect harmony and unison. As individual, original and differently daring each piece is, one can tell they are from the same collection. Every piece contains a pop of colour and the traditional Dior elegance, whilst looking thoroughly modern; clothing for OUR TIME. Not outdated, not elderly, not trapped in time- just elegant- despite being of a time where elegance in fashion seems to be limited. This collection seems very brave to me; the woman it is designed for is one of independence and strength- a woman who can look after herself. 

My favourite piece from the entire collection has to be the metallic green/ turquoise silk flowing dress pictured above. I find it gorgeous; it's so simple, and yet so fabulous. I also love the high-waisted skirts, which elongate and lengthen legs, and look incredibly chic. I tried to cut down the amount of photographs featured above to 10, but I ended up with 14, because so many of them  are stand-alone pieces; individual works of art. I hope you enjoy this collection as much as I do. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment