Monday 17 June 2013

No.8- Marc Jacobs :D

No.8 on my list of the Top 10 (a mon avis) Pre- Spring/ Summer '14 Collections... Marc Jacobs! :D

Below are my favourite designs from the collection:






















In my opinion, this collection is very 1930's, which I love because the 1930's is one of my favourite eras for fashion. In particular, I adore the sparkly sequined jackets, tied at the front with a very French- looking bow; and the silk dresses and skirts, which seem both sexy and sophisticated. For some reason, looking at this collection makes me imagine a woman waiting at her expensive Parisian hotel for a man to take her out for dinner at the Ritz; perhaps it's down to the fact that the models are lounging on all of the photographs, but I think it has to do with the understated glamour of the collection. The fur collars of the coats add to this glamour, especially paired with  sequins. The striped blue and white theme running throughout the collection maximises the French feel- and I do love everything French! These pieces seem better suited for the evening to me, which evokes a more Autumn/ Winter feel than a Spring/ Summer one. Luckily, the blue and white stripes feel slightly nautical, thus act as a reminder that this is a Spring/ Summer collection. Even the leather on the coats and skirts adds luxury to the collection. 

It's a gorgeous collection, full of glamour and decadence. The pieces are simple, yet paired together appear romantic, extravagant and avant-garde. 
I cannot wait to see the rest of Marc Jacobs' collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment