Tuesday 16 July 2013

Prom :D

Last Friday I had my school prom, which was the best night of my life and a great opportunity to dance all night with my friends. It was also an event that most of the girls in my year group had been planning and preparing for for months in advance- the shoes, the makeup, THE DRESS! I ended up buying quite a lot of new makeup for prom, but my favourite part of my outfit was definitely my shoes! I bought my dress in October, because I wanted to be prepared, and when I saw it in Topshop I became obsessed and knew it was love at first sight! It was quite an emotional night knowing that some of the people there I would rarely ever see again, and realising how much I care about everyone from school, even people I didn't think I cared about prior to prom. Nevertheless, it was loads of fun, and it was amazing seeing people out of their school uniform and dressed to the 9's! - do people still say that?! :/

My Shoes- £80- www.irregularchoice.com
Seeing as my birthday was the day before prom -I'm finally 16!- my shoes were my main birthday present, although I did receive quite a lot of money and smaller gifts as well. They cost £80, which is a lot more than I would usually spend on shoes, especially since I hardly ever buy shoes. However, in my opinion, they're totally worth it. I bought them from Irregular Choice, a footwear brand that sells the most unusual and gorgeous shoes I have ever seen (including one pair where the wedge heels are in the design of a camel!)

I had Minx nail foils put on my nails by the ladies at Lucy Craske Beauty Salon in Leeds, and they looked amazing! From the picture my nails look grey but in reality they were a very light, bright silver colour, and reflected the light loads as well as being so metallic they almost glowed in the dark!  My clutch bag, like my jewellery, was from Accessorize, and cost only £5 in the sale.

A peek of my dress!!!
It cost £59 from Topshop.
My dress was VERY sparkly, so worked well with my reflective nails. On the dancefloor, it glittered and glimmered in every colour, despite being dark blue in colour. I was really happy as I got a lot of compliments about it!!! :D
I included this picture to show what my hair, which was in a French twist, looked like. My pearl drop earrings and matching necklace were from Accessorize.





All my friends looked stunning! Sadly I don't have pictures of everyone, but literally every girl who was there looked really beautiful and their dresses were amazing!!! It was awesome seeing them in clothes that reflected and expressed who they are for a change, instead of school uniform!

On my eyes I wore Chanel Fresh Effect Stylo Eyeshadow in Jade River; and Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Aqua Blue, as I LOVE MERMAIDS and I wanted to look like one. When I was thinking about what I would do makeup-wise for prom, I remembered a photo shoot from a kind-of-recent issue of Vogue where the mascara was applied excessively, so it was over-done and drippy-looking. I loved the idea of doing the same with my blue mascara, therefore making me look like a mermaid who'd just come out of he ocean. I literally have no idea how I was able to afford all this new Chanel makeup, but I'm definitely not complaining! On my lips I wore Chanel Levres Scintillantes Lip Gloss in Amour.
                                        :D

No comments:

Post a Comment